A little bit about the job:
We’re one of the fastest growing companies in the world. And it’s not just our business that’s growing, our people and teams are too.
We want to be the employer of choice for the best local tech talent but we need your help.
So we’re on the hunt for a forward thinking generalist recruiter (12-month FTC) with a strong focus on tech and product to join our busy team in New York. You’ll help us find unique ways to identify and excite those talented, in-demand candidates – to further scale-up our New York office.
- Help us scale our teams in New York across Engineering, Product and Banking.
- Build world class recruitment flows alongside the hiring teams with strategy and process at the heart of data driven decisions
- Build relationships with talented people and guide them through a seamless end-to-end process, supporting them every step of the way
- Give our candidates an awesome experience, even if they weren’t successful (you never know, the perfect role might come up later), and build a strong talent network locally and internationally
- Set up recruitment marketing campaigns
- Partner with our hiring teams so they have the information they need and everyone agrees on the process including things like on-boarding, talent mapping, salary benchmarking
- Use data to figure out the blockers to hiring, set KPIs, communicate how these can be achieved and continually optimise the process to make sure it is globally scalable
- Collaborate with the wider People team so contracts, visas, background checks and on-boarding happen like clockwork
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and be responsible for making it happen
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
- Work across several markets and with some of the most high tech/product teams in TransferWise
- You’ll be a Recruiter with a track record of success recruiting tech or product roles
- You’ll have a network of trusted contacts and measure success in candidate satisfaction
- You’ll be ready to go beyond sourcing candidates and managing the interview process and look at the bigger picture – you can spot great candidates who’ll fit with our culture not just those with the purest skill set
- You’ll be an adaptable self-starter – someone who can use their own initiative to keep things running at pace and won’t wait for answers
- You’ll be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and an ever-changing environment
- You’ll be a creative problem solver. A tricky niche role won’t get you down. It’s a challenge that just spurs you on to find a new approach and try something new. You’re curious and get a real kick out of learning different skills
- You’ll be a confident communicator and influencer, comfortable talking to people of any level, whether it’s in person, on the phone or in writing. You understand how best to adapt your approach to your audience
Added extras that would be awesome:
- You’ve worked in or recruited for a startup or high growth company before
- You have experience scaling up new offices and teams and building processes within a hyper growth environment
- You’ve got a background in product recruitment or analytics recruitment
- You’ve experience in in-house recruitment
- A competitive salary including stock options as we’re buildingTransferWise together and want you to share in the success of a $5billion company on a mission
- Flexible working as success isn’t measured by the amount of time you spend in the office so work out what works best for you whether that’s different hours or working from home.
- The chance to scale-up further our New York hub
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our New York office
A space as unique as the city. Here you’ll enjoy a full slice of TransferWise as we build the new world of money.