Learning & Development Senior Specialist – Soft skills Program Owner
We're looking for a CS Learning & Development Senior Specialist for our Soft Skills Program to join our Budapest office, and help ensure all of our customer support teams have the soft skills they need for their role today and for tomorrow.
We’re looking for a CS Learning & Development Senior Specialist for our Soft Skills Program to join our Budapest office, and help ensure all of our customer support teams have the soft skills they need for their role today and for tomorrow.
In this role you will help us create and lead key soft skills learning programs and build a CS soft skills academy based on core competencies to help us excel in supporting our customer and also for our Wisers development.
In this role you are expected to be proficient in needs analysis, instructional design and development, training delivery and also a hands-on role, delivering a range of projects that meet real customer needs and have a big impact! 🚀
- Work with subject matter experts across all communication channels to create soft skills courses to new hires and existing customer support (on site and virtual)
- Ensure an effective learning environment by using a variety of adult learning methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices
- Assess which existing soft skills courses are the most adequate ones to address learning needs
- Create a soft skills learning path with defined learning objectives, write content and define learning activities
- Reorganise the new hire training with the most essential soft skills that would prepare a newbie to give an exceptional experience
- Lead the development of all soft skills training in CS with the ability to train the trainers to help facilitate in different location and lead the execution of global programs
- Proactively coach and guide on soft skills and help our Learning team to maximise performance
- Figure out and be ready to demonstrate the real impact of learning in a data-driven environment & shape solutions that scale
- Work with our LMS – to help increase the self-based learning and ensure efficiency
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success with the freedom to try out many things and have full responsibility and ownership to execute💫
- Have real and significant impact through hands on learning and development delivery for one of the fastest growing financial technology companies globally. The job itself will grow significantly over time, so will provide many personal stretching growth opportunities 🙌
- Use all your experience and skills to bring new thinking and ideas to how we evolve self-directed professional and leadership learning at scale 📚
- Be part of a global team who brings our culture and how we work into all of our development products and activities 🌍
What will you bring to the table?
You’ll be someone with Excellent training, facilitation and presentation skills and worked with various training software applications, to conduct virtual training and keen to collect and implement feedback to continue building learning and development products and solutions.
- 3 years of Learning and development experience in a high growth, international company (this’ll help you know how to deal with ambiguity, shifting priorities and designing development solutions that reinforces our cultural diversity)
- You put yourself in your customers shoes combined with a “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial attitude and excellent collaborative skills as this role calls for partnership with operations and the quality teams
- You’ve managed and influenced a variety of stakeholders – you’ll be well-used to working with all types of people, talking 1 to 1 or engaging with a large audience or influencing stakeholders at any level
- You’ve designed, developed and delivered impactful learning experiences for different audiences – you’ll have experience across the complete learning cycle, coaching skills
- You have project management & change management mastery – You’ve planned, scoped and implemented large scale projects or change initiatives, so you’ll know how to scope a problem and craft a phased plan
- You’re a creative problem solver – we’re not a ‘one size fits all’ kind of business and we’re not looking for off-the-shelf solutions – we need you to think creatively to help us find good solutions to problems that are anything but clear-cut
You must already be legally authorised to work in Hungary – We cannot support visas for this role. This is a full-time, physical position in Budapest, Hungary.
To successfully apply, please submit your CV in English and answer the application questions as best as you can. (Cover letter is not a requirement.)
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
At this stage, our recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because this company is on a mission and this role is about communication – so take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝
You’re going meet with some of the senior members from our training team via Zoom. You’ll discuss your experience and skills, your motivation for this position & TransferWise, and how well you fit in with our mission and values. (1 hour)
Pro tip: TransferWise is a mission-driven company, so make sure you’ve looked us up and come to the interview prepared to talk through how you can add to that mission! 🚀
You’re going meet with the lead of Training via Zoom. You’ll further discuss the specifics of the role and if there is a strong match. (1 hour)
Take Home Test
Successful candidates from the application review will be sent a Take Home Test (check your spam folder!)
Final Interview + presentation
This will be an online presentation to the Training team and a final interview based on that. (1.5 hours)
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.