AML Suspicious Activity Reporting Specialist
We’re looking for an AML Suspicious Activity Reporting Specialist to join our growing AML team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a specialist in anti-money laundering and financial crime and help save millions more people money.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to protect customers and TransferWise by researching and reporting suspicious activity.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to AML team:
- Prepare and submit suspicious activity reports to financial intelligence units globally
- Conduct searches, gather data and record evidence from internal systems, the internet, commercial databases and enquiry with customers
- Research and resolve issues while working across teams to acquire information
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organisation
- You’re located and legally authorised to work in Hungary
- You have 1 – 3 year experience in the field of financial crime field (preferably in AML), investigating and reporting suspicious activity
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent
- You have a curious mind and desire to investigate
- You’re skilled to recognise patterns, an eye for detail but also an ability to see the big picture and how the details fit together
- You can multitask and take charge in different situations
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English.
In your cover letter please explain your interest in this role and why do you want to join TransferWise.
Please note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Compliance team
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.