Customer Support Associate (Asia Pacific focus)
We’re looking for a Customer Support agent to join our growing Asia Pacific focused Customer Support team in Budapest, Hungary. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission in helping our customers have a great experience when using TransferWise.
TransferWise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got over 6 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We’re looking for a passionate English speaking Customer Service Associate to join our thriving team in Budapest, Hungary to play a key role in helping our customers in the Asia Pacific region have a great experience when using TransferWise.
What does it take?
- Help customers have the best experience possible with our product working across email, phone and chat.
- Go above and beyond the call of duty: work independently without a script and solve complex problems working with other teams.
- Work later hours. Due to our customers being at least 4 hours ahead, we tend to work earlier hours than the other CS teams. Our live channels (phones and chats) open at 5 am CET so will likely work a lot of morning shifts. You will start working sometime between 5 am. and 8 am. on most days (depending on our customers' forecasted demand while considering your preferences).
- Live our company Values. We’re looking for people who get (sh)it done, believe in no drama and look at the bigger picture – this isn’t just a job, it’s a revolution.
- Grow through mentoring and side projects with other teams, developing your skills and figuring out how to have a big impact on our customers.
- Work autonomously – at TransferWise you get out what you put in, so you’ll need to take the initiative when it comes to your career progression
Is that you?
- You’re legally authorised to work full time in Hungary (we can’t sponsor visas for this role).
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent – fluent, native or equivalent to C2 level. Additional Asian languages are a plus. (Thai, Indonesian, Cantonese, Mandarin, etc. on either native or confident user level)
- You can multitask and take responsibility in challenging situations
- You have a razor sharp attention to detail, helping to troubleshoot issues and support our internal product teams with actionable insights.
- You’re flexible, the requirements of the role can change month on month, and we work to make sure we can help our customers when they need us most.
- From time to time, we work in a quick paced environment. You need to stay cool under pressure.
- You can receive and offer constructive feedback and work to maintain our company values. We engage in cross-team and cross-office communication on a daily basis, so you need to be a strong team player.
- You’re comfortable with live communication. We speak with our customers over Chats, Phones and Emails, the former two quickly becoming our main contact channels. We also have strong communication via internal tooling, so you need to be an effective communicator.
- You’ll ideally have worked in customer service before, but don’t worry if you haven’t. We’re willing to work with the right person as long as they’re passionate and always striving to give a great customer experience.
How we work:
We work differently and we’re proud of it. As part of our support team, you’ll play a key role in helping our customers have a great experience with TransferWise. You’ll also be the link between our customers and teams, helping our product teams identify areas for improvement.
There’s no script and no hand holding and we trust each other to get stuff done. At TransferWise you’ll have the opportunity to have real impact, grow your skill set and work across our entire business.
This is not your average customer service job.
Interested? Check out this vlog to find out more about life in our Customer Support team in Tampa (as our teams work all over the globe).
NOTE: Please make sure your applications are submitted in English, as this is our working language.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
At this stage, our recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because this company is on a mission and this role is about communication – so take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝
Successful candidates from the application review will be sent a short video interview and a test through HireVue (check your spam folder!). You’ll be given a few info links and some “customer emails” to answer. We’ll be looking at your spelling, grammar, accuracy of the information you provide, and your tone.
Pro tip: Make sure you’ve got a quiet place and about an hour free to complete this stage! 💻
Interview with the team
You’re going meet with one of our Customer Support Team Leads and a team member online, via Zoom. You’ll discuss your experience and skills, your motivation for this position & TransferWise, and how well you fit in with our mission and values. (1 hour)
Pro tip: TransferWise is a mission-driven company, so make sure you’ve looked us up and come to the interview prepared to talk through how you can add to that mission! 🚀
You’re going to do your final interview with one of our Senior Team leads, also online. This will be a deeper discussion on your mentality and practical skills for the role. (30 minutes)
Pro tip: Make sure you’ve been to our website or app and know what our products are. Test out sending a transfer to get the customer’s experience (you don’t have to complete it 😉). We’d love to hear feedback on your experience or how we can improve! 🔎
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.