Customer Support Associate (Portuguese Speaker)
We’re looking for a bilingual Customer Service Agent who has an excellent command of both Portuguese and English to join our growing team in Tallinn, Estonia. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission in helping our customers have a great experience when using TransferWise.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help customers have the best experience possible with our product working across email, phone and chat.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be flexible working during business hours but sometimes covering an evening or weekend shift (we’ll get you a cab home if you finish after 11pm)
- Go above and beyond the call of duty: work with less supervision and solve complex problems working with other teams
- Grow through mentoring and side projects with other teams, developing your skills and figuring out how to have a big impact on our customers
- Work autonomously – at TransferWise you get in what you put out so you’ll need to take the initiative when it comes to your career progression
- You’re eligible to work in Estonia and are located within the EU!
- Both your verbal and written Portuguese and English skills are excellent – Phone and email contacts are the main responsibility for this role, so clear communication in all three languages is key, and we’ll be evaluating yours all the way from your application through the end of the process
- You’re flexible. Open to working days, evenings, and occasional weekend shifts. While your scheduling preferences are taken into consideration, the requirements can change based on our customers needs, so we can’t guarantee you your preferred shift and shifts can change over time
- You’re organized. You’re methodical in your approach, with a solution-oriented mindset and the ability to multitask. Your lead will help you develop and remove blockers if they can, but they won’t stand over your shoulder, trusting you with the autonomy to meet and exceed your performance metrics and also deliver a great customer experience
- You’re cool under pressure. You take charge in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense – a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is where you thrive
- You’re a team-player. You’re straight up and honest. You’re able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will. Most importantly – you understand that having a great working culture is everyone’s responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
- You’re growth-oriented. You understand that an open feedback culture is there to help you grow. You crave information and love learning new things. You challenge ideas, not people. You see every challenge as a learning opportunity and you’re adaptable, learning new systems and processes quickly
- You’re quick behind the keyboard, with a typing speed of at least 30 words-per-minute
- You hustle. And hard.
- You’ll ideally have worked in customer service before, but don’t worry if you haven’t. We’re willing to work with the right person as long as they’re passionate and always striving to give a great customer experience.
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV in English, and answering the application questions.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Here’s a few articles for you to read to learn more about our culture and product
At this stage, our recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because this company is on a mission and this role is about communication – so take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝
Take Home Test
Successful candidates from the application review will be sent a link to a 2 part assessment. The first part is a 📹video assessment where you’ll get a chance to let us know who you are as a person. In the second part you’ll be given a few info links and some “customer emails” to answer where we’ll be looking at your spelling, grammar, accuracy of the information you provide, and your tone.
Be sure to leave up to an hour and a half for this test.
Pro tip: Make sure the device 💻you are using has a functioning microphone and camera as you will be recording your answers in this test. Also, it is recommended to use a computer as the written part will require going through our FAQ and writing proper emails 🧐
You’re going meet with one of our Customer Support Team Leads and a team member online, via Zoom. You’ll discuss your experience and skills, your motivation for this position & TransferWise, and how well you fit in with our mission and values. (1 hour)
Pro tip: TransferWise is a mission-driven company, so make sure you’ve looked us up and come to the interview prepared to talk through how you can add to that mission! 🚀
You’re going to do your final interview with one of our Senior Team Leads, also online. This will be a deeper discussion on your mentality and practical skills for the role. (30 minutes)
Pro tip: Make sure you’ve been to our website or app and know what our products are. Test out sending a transfer to get the customer’s experience (you don’t have to complete it 😉). We’d love to hear feedback on your experience or how we can improve! 🔎
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.