*Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role, if you are residing outside of Singapore. With current restrictions on global travel due to Covid-19, we’re not able to relocate any new joiners over the next few months. We encourage you to sign up for our job alerts to keep an eye on new roles posted as we’re hoping the situation will change soon.*
We’re looking for a Design Lead – Asia region to join our growing Regional Expansion Tribe in Singapore. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a design leader and help save millions more people money.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to support the Regional Expansion Tribe to provide fairer, faster and cheaper borderless money solutions in the Asia Pacific region.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Regional Expansion tribe
- Work across multiple teams to identify the most impactful opportunities for your team(s) to tackle, communicating this vision clearly across TransferWise
- Deliver high-impact designs in order to consistently ship impactful projects
- Make sure that everything we deliver is customer-focused, high quality and solves real problems. Strategically guide the design efforts for your team(s), helping to shape the scope and priority for activities that help us build better products
- Support, coach and help unblock other designers and team members, mentoring other designers, helping them to improve their craft and impact
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Direct the growth of the product – Working with your product and engineering colleagues, you will be the senior product designer in the team and collaborate on strategic team planning, setting objectives and roadmaps
- Lead and support a cross-functional design team – As the design team grows, so will your responsibility for supporting and guiding your team with scope, prioritisation and delivery of design activities. You’ll take on some line management responsibilities, working closely with a more experienced Tribe lead to ensure that the researchers, writers and designers within your team are working towards a shared vision.
- Contribute towards a design culture of excellence – we’re a passionate and growing team of Product & Creative Designers, Writers and Researchers. You’ll be an active part of helping us develop a culture that promotes quality, support and kindness in equal measure.
- Be part of our mission to create a world where money without borders is the new normal
- You’ll be a senior Product Designer but you’ll also have an appreciation of quality and process across the design disciplines
- You know what good looks like, how to have impact, and how to build credibility and respect in your team(s)
- You know how to build strong, collaborative relationships with Product Managers and Engineers and able to collaborate cross discipline to make decisions and strategic plans
- You’ll be passionate and articulate about the contribution that design can make to product development – and care about the end-to-end customer experience
- You will be familiar with designing for customers in the APAC region, specifically their financial needs, and may have experience working in the fintech space
- You understand the value of systematic localisation of a global product and how to tackle making this a reality
- You have experience leading designers and have proven to be a strong and supportive people manager.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Comprehensive group insurance package that includes: life and total permanent disability, ad&d, hospitalization and surgical coverage, outpatient and specialist outpatient, dental and maternity insurance
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Singapore office
TransferWise is located in the heart of Singapore’s hipster Kallang district between the historic neighbourhoods of Geylang, Little India and Kampong Glam.