TransferWise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 8 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a talented Technical Lead to join our mission. You’ll partner with the Engineers and Product Manager of our Product Security team to make sure all our customers have easy and secure access to their accounts.
What you’ll do in this role
Our Product Security team builds and maintains global security features of the TransferWise site. These include end-to-end ownership of the back-end and customer experience of logging into TransferWise, account recovery (password reminders, two-factor authentication), user security settings management and supporting services.
You’ll focus on improving the security, usability and convenience of our product to customers. This means getting stuck into interesting architectural challenges, working on automation and improving partner integrations.
You’ll guide the team and partner with a project manager to understand customer pain-points and prioritise most impactful opportunities. In day-to-day, this means everything from coaching and mentoring, to aligning the team around a vision, increasing velocity and ensuring delivery, while also getting stuck in with coding whenever needed.
A bit about you
- You’ll have experience in leading, coaching and mentoring, mission-driven and highly performing teams. You’ll lead engineers across multiple locations.
- You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and code when needed, this is a hands-on lead role. So you’re comfortable leading from the front in an active and involved way.
- You enjoy project management and are great at prioritisation. You’ll help shape the vision of the team and most importantly, guide the team to focus on the things that are most impactful for our customers.
- You’ll provide feedback on architecture and approach and help teams make data-driven decisions.
- You’re comfortable working on big challenges and taking full ownership of the customer journey and understand the implications of your and your team’s decisions on the platform.
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- Experience from or passion for working on security areas and authentication systems
- Experience in building and designing scalable and performant systems
- Experience with Java and Spring
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What’s in it for you
- Every one of our customers interacts with the Product Security features – you’ll have the chance to improve the convenience and reliability of our product to millions of customers
- Have autonomy in shaping up the vision for the team and have an impact through prioritising and solving real customer problems
- Solve interesting architectural challenges and build up a team in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Work in a fun environment with social activities and events. Find out about our London benefits here.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- TransferWise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- Read more from Q&As with our Tech Leads Helin, László and Cassio
- How our Engineers build new features
Please make sure your applications are submitted in English, as this is our working language.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Engineering team
Explore our London office
You can find TransferWise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.