Senior Finance Data Analyst
We’re looking for an FP&A Analyst to join our Growth and Forecasting team. The FP&A team is responsible for helping ensure that we grow sustainably. Your role within the Growth and Forecasting team will be to play a crucial role in using data to help understand TransferWise’s financial growth, shape financial strategy and evolve the Finance team.
What you’ll be doing
At TransferWise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives.
We’re looking for a Senior Finance Data Analyst to join our Growth and Forecasting team. The FP&A team is responsible for helping ensure that we grow sustainably. Your role within the Growth and Forecasting team will be to play a crucial role in using data to help understand TransferWise’s financial growth, shape financial strategy and evolve the Finance team.
At TransferWise, everyone gets a ton of freedom and autonomy. We won’t be micromanaging or looking over your shoulder. You’ll need to:
- Own the data — you are responsible for the data pipeline that powers the forecasting models, the analysis, and the dashboards.
- Through analysis and modelling, you’ll be building a solid understanding on the relationships between the behaviour of our customers and our growth drivers
- Drive the development of technically advanced, robust, and accurate statistical forecast models
- Create data driven stories explaining our growth that are shared internally with employees and externally to our investors.
- Be an important part of quarterly planning sessions, helping set a strategy and vision for how your team can have more impact.
The experience you’ll need
- You’ll have 6+ years’ experience as a technical data analyst or data scientist
- You’ve got very strong SQL skills, data analysis or model building experience in Python or R.
- Ownership of growth and revenue analysis, insights, narrative, and reporting on both short-term and long-term strategic basis
- You’ve built forecasting models before and have an understanding of statistics and econometrics (for example. you can build an ARIMA model, you know how to evaluate model performance, and you have basic statistics reflexes such as hypothesis testing).
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into simple, elegant, and lovely solutions. You’re pragmatic and impact focused: you will choose Excel over Python if it is a better solution for the problem.
- You’ve worked with minimal direction before and are strong in structuring your approach to data analysis. You can communicate insights in a clear and structured manner both orally and in writing
- You know your way around the infrastructure of analytics and have worked with cloud warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift)
- You have knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope, or Metabase) and/or visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
- You have some experience with model deployment, you’re familiar with scheduling and workflow management (e.g. Airflow) and cloud platforms (e.g. AWS).
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which roles roles in the Finance team includes Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our London office
You can find TransferWise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.