People and businesses all over the world use TransferWise to avoid big bank fees and week-long international wires when they send, spend, and receive money abroad. We have over 7 million customers who move $4.9 billion every year with us. We help them save $3.7 million in bank fees every day.
Our banking relationships determine the quality of our product and a large part of its economics. And our relationships with regulators, governments and payment systems are crucial too. So, we're on the hunt for an executor with a brilliant mind and strong communication skills to help more customers save money with us.
Help grow our European product through new banking and payment opportunities
- Work closely with the European product teams to take advantage of new opportunities with both existing and new bank partners to help build better products and experiences for our customers.
- Own the end-to-end process of expanding into new markets within Europe
- Understand the regulatory impact of these new opportunities ensuring the product stays compliant with all existing and future regulation
- Own the entire commercial and compliance discussion with banks – including pitching TransferWise as a client, due diligence, pricing negotiation, contracts, account opening and operational set up
- Identify and scope opportunities for TransferWise to integrate directly into payment systems and central banks
Maintaining existing banking relationships and regulatory requirements for TransferWise in Europe
- Monitor and renegotiate existing commercial agreements to ensure we offer the most sustainable and competitive service in the market
- Keep existing bank partner and regulatory relationships healthy by monitoring compliance metrics, product dashboards and becoming fully embedded within all of TransferWise’s European product activities
- Work with TransferWise operations and customer support team to identify and resolve any issues impacting European customers payment activities
- Work closely with TransferWise’s European compliance team to ensure regulatory monitoring and oversight of TransferWise Europe is carried out and figure out ways to improve existing metrics
- Ensure banking partners are kept aware of changes in the regulatory or operational nature of the product by working with bank compliance teams to complete annual and ad-hoc due diligence requests
A bit about you:
- Excellent at managing financial institution relationships – both from a commercial and regulatory perspective. You can hustle and find new ways of working with banks who have only ever worked a certain way.
- Understand how local and international payments work and can explain this to people who aren’t familiar with payments
- Understand payments regulation and are comfortable discussing AML/KYC, financial crime and risk controls
- You can think outside of the norm – just because it’s been that way for the last 25 years, it doesn’t have to work that way now.
- Familiar with how financial institutions, central banks and regulators work (and the different decision makers that need to be taken into account to make things happen).
- You can figure out the ideal operational and commercial process with every new bank partner and are excited to find the optimal set-up in new and existing markets.
- Happy to work independently, and out of your comfort zone. Willing to work on projects with no prior knowledge and learn as you go.
- Passionate about transforming the financial industry for good.
- Flexible and happy to travel to banks and offices across Europe when needed (although for now due to COVID19, everything will be done remotely)
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience working with payment schemes, correspondent banks or central banks to integrate new payment opportunities
- Technical knowledge of bank APIs, automation systems and payment file formats
- Comfortable reading and negotiating legal contracts
- Additional European language skills
Please Note: You must already be legally authorised to work in the EU. We cannot support visas for this role. This is a full-time physical position in Brussels.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Brussels office
A small but mighty location. We love the city, we love the history and, above all, we love the chocolate.