Financial Crime Specialist
We’re looking for a financial crime specialist to join our growing compliance team in Brussels. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a specialist in financial crime and help save millions more people money.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to protect customers and TransferWise by keeping the bad guys away.
- Overseeing of the implementation of the Belgian AML and ancillary regulations and the continuous compliance with those
- Training of the compliance operational teams with regards to Belgian AML and ancillary regulations
- Implementation of upcoming Belgian AML regulations
- Drafting of the TW Europe compliance operational policies
- Working with the product teams in order to ensure the compliance of the products offered by TW Europe with the Belgian AML and ancillary regulations
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of TransferWise’s customers and products and how we are achieving Money Without Borders.
- Help keep our product safe from the bad guys.
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll be part of the compliance team in our Belgian entity and you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen.
- Play a role in helping the Belgian authorities to protect customers, beyond just TransferWise.
A bit about you:
- Experience in the AML field (being part of the compliance team of a financial institution: KYC, transaction monitoring…)
- Curious mind and desire to investigate
- Analytical skills and familiarity with analytical tools: you have experience with analytical tools such as Looker. You can draw insights from data and use that to drive decisions.
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations: you are able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Language: English & Dutch mandatory
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Previous experience in working in a compliance team of a financial institution regulated in Belgium
- Able to speak French fluently
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Brussels office
A small but mighty location. We love the city, we love the history and, above all, we love the chocolate.