TransferWise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 8 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a seasoned Front End developer to join our mission and help provide our customers with the best experience possible.
What does it take?
- A passion for technology, product and user experience
- A broad understanding of the concept of MVP (minimum viable product) and conversion rates
- The ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems
- Thinking from the customer perspective and putting them at the heart of everything you do as you’ll guide them from their first experience on our landing page to completing a transfer and making sure they’re informed every step of the way.
Is that you?
- You’re passionate about product and user experience – customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience building Front End apps that delight users
- You feel comfortable with modern front-end frameworks and tools – React, Redux, Webpack and the like.
- The desire for creating clean, testable code
- You have a strong sense of good UX and design
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What the first six months in this role will look like:
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and guild vision and how you can contribute
- Understanding the Fintech domain and our tech culture
- You’ll have fully developed new features, from planning to release, and keep monitoring their adoption once live
- Gone through two quarterly plannings and proposed ideas to take your product further
What you get back:
- The autonomy to solve problems your way
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
And more… Check out our offer here.
Interested? Find out more:
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.