SEO Specialist – Partner Sites
We’re looking for an SEO Specialist to join our growing team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, tackle both technical and content-focused SEO to grow our partner sites and help save millions more people money.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Your mission is to tackle both technical and content-focused SEO, working closely with the SEO and Affiliate teams to support and grow our partner sites. You’ll benefit from exposure to many different projects across a large number of websites and verticals.
If you have at least junior experience agency-side in both content and technical SEO, we’ve been looking for you!
- Help our partners and affiliates by identifying opportunities for growth. You’ll scope and supervise production of best-in-class content and landing pages, then monitor their impact and performance.
- Test ideas for cool new products. Help us learn more about our prospective customers: who they are and what they are interested in.
- Work with engineers, translators, SEOs, and analysts to plan and manage content production, ongoing site development, and on-page SEO hygiene.
- Help us measure opportunity and results, ensuring we work efficiently and make decisions based on potential business impact.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Have a real impact and get things done. We care about results here, and from the outset you will be able to see the real impact of your work across our partner sites. You’ll be involved in ideation and forecasting all the way through to delivery and measuring the results.
- Develop and grow. This is a great place to learn: we’re constantly expanding into new markets and reaching new kinds of users. You’ll also get the added benefit of working on multiple sites, many of which are still in their infancy – you’ll have considerable freedom to contribute to their direction and growth.
- You’ll get a personal development budget, too, for you to spend on training, books, or conferences.
- Be flexible in how and where you work. We know that everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel: our team is split between London and Tallinn. In normal times, most of us will travel between those cities at least once a quarter. We have annual team off-sites and the entire company gathers in Estonia once a year for Summer Days.
- Make contributions to cross-company SEO projects
- See the results of your work making a difference to people in their everyday lives.
A bit about you:
- You have hands-on experience with both content and technical SEO. Knowledge of WordPress is a big plus.
- You are organised and have attention to detail.
- You are eager to learn, proactive and self-sufficient in doing so.
- You enjoy solving problems. You take a thoughtful and structured approach. You think critically about our ideas and assumptions.
- You thrive on honest and constructive feedback. Both to help you in your own role and to help your colleagues in theirs.
- You know how to measure your own performance.
- You have a track record of creating content and acquiring users through it.
Please note we won’t be able to provide sponsorship for this position
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Marketing team
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.