We’re looking for a new Payment Operations Specialist to join our team in Singapore. The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing fintech companies and be part of our international operations team to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organisation, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face big challenges. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why they happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. We’re 1600+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done!
- Keep an eye on the payments’ engine and solve payment-related problems
- Together with your team build solid ownership of operational processes
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Drive operational excellence, while maintaining sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks
- Help translate customer needs into plans and support these with analysis
- Suggest and drive improvements made in our product and work processes to become more efficient
A bit about you:
- You have excellent written and verbal English language skills
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree
- 1 – 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment. If that happens to be in finance or banking sector then that is an added bonus
- Our customers’ needs always come first, so we aim to help them when they need it. We’re flexible with how and when we work and ask that you are open to this too. Your team lead will work with you to set a schedule that suits you.
- You focus on accuracy, are independent and pay attention to every detail. You enjoy owning your work and leading projects when needed
- You’re a great communicator, straight up, clear and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you feel you need to
- You place customers’ first and you make no compromise on this
- You enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable when either giving or receiving feedback
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers
- Your curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to understand when you don’t know something and the humility to learn
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact
- You have worked with product teams on cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work
- You have worked in cross border team – know their challenges and how to overcome those
- Any additional language is an advantage
Some of your benefits :
- Monthly salary range starting at SGD$3500 per month, based on experience
- Stock options
- Very comprehensive group insurance package that includes: life and total permanent disability, ad&d, hospitalization and surgical coverage, outpatient and specialist outpatient, dental and maternity insurance
- Very generous Paid Time Off, sick days, and other leave opportunities
- All-expenses-paid annual company event in Europe
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Click HERE for more info on benefits
Please only apply, if you’re legally authorized to work in Singapore.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Explore our Singapore office
TransferWise is located in the heart of Singapore’s hipster Kallang district between the historic neighbourhoods of Geylang, Little India and Kampong Glam.
Stories from the Operations team
Start your application
Latest Operations roles
Data Analyst – Finance
Data Analyst – Finance We’re looking for a Data Analyst – Finance to join our growing team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to support our Financial Planning & Analysis Team help millions more potential customers save money by...
Head of Banking and Expansion – North America
People and businesses all over the world use TransferWise to avoid big bank fees and week-long international wires when they send, spend, and receive money abroad. We have over 7 million customers who move $4.9 billion every year with us....
Banking and ExpansionNew York
If you have experience working with Banks, selling API products and you're passionate about what we do, we've been looking for you!