Who we are?
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders – so people and businesses can send and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace and we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here?
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront – the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
So, what’s the role?
We’re currently looking for a seasoned iOS Developer to join our mobile guild. You’ll be a self-starter with the ability to take on a range of hard and intriguing challenges. You will focusing on our app for iOS devices, but also on helping our other teams design the API and services that power the app. Specifically for this role we are ideally looking for someone who has worked with mobile payments. You will ensure that TransferWise has the best mobile experience and together we will show the banks how mobile financial services are really done!
Our app is currently written in a mix of Objective-C and Swift, with all new code written in Swift and moving away from the traditional MVC architecture to a more clean architecture which will enable us to increase the testability of our code and help us maintain the excellent stability that our app enjoys.
What are we looking for?
- Full-stack iOS development including Swift, Objective-C, Foundation, UIKit, XCTest, Core Animation, Core Data, Quartz Core, SpriteKit
- Experience developing with payment based applications, working with payment methods
- Deep understanding of both MVC and alternative architectural UI design patterns
- Experience of test driven development (TDD), and the desire to write tests.
- Experience building rich and complex iOS apps that delight users
- Automation tools such as Jenkins and Fastlane
- A strong understanding of how to design and interact with RESTful APIs
- Experience developing backend APIs
- Experience working with SQL, writing custom queries and designing schemas.
Some bonus points…
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product and conversion rates
- You put the customer at the heart of everything you do and that empathy drives every decision you make.
- Passionate about technology, product and user experience.
- Ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems.
For a sneak – peek into our Engineering world check: http://tech.transferwise.com/
Want to know more?
To find out a bit more about the cool stuff you are going to work on and what it’s like to work at TransferWise plus a full run through of our employee benefits – visit our careers page. Not from UK? No worries, we offer VISA sponsorship and support with your relocation to London.
Explore our London office
You can find TransferWise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.
Stories from the Engineering team
Start your application
Latest Engineering roles
We’re looking for a number of Engineering Leads to join our growing team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and to lead one of our engineering areas in helping millions more potential...
Java Developer We're looking for a full-time Java Developer to join our growing team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to build beautifully simple experiences that guide our customers through TransferWise, helping them to live, travel and work...
We’re looking for experienced and versatile, product minded Java Developers to join one of our growing teams in Budapest – Payments Processing, Verification, Fraud Prevention or Problem Flow among others. The role is an unique opportunity to contribute to scaling-up our...