Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace.
To help us achieve our mission, we’re looking for a Policy and Campaigns Officer to join our London team based in Shoreditch, working on government relations for the UK. You’ll work closely with the rest of our small but mighty global public policy team and report to our Global Head of Government Relations.
We’re looking for a confident, self-starting superstar with a background in UK public affairs, with payments and/or retail banking policy experience a big plus. You’ll lead our UK efforts to ensure that laws, regulations, and industry guidance allow us to create the best product for our TransferWise customers:
- Transparent pricing on international payments by all industry participants
- Instant, low-cost, 24/7 payment systems that we can access direct
- Onboarding regulations that create as little customer friction as possible
You’ll be in and out of Whitehall and Parliament, and work alongside colleagues in product, legal, compliance, banking, PR and marketing to deliver low-cost, transparent and instant payments to our UK customers.
You’ll navigate complex financial policy and manage our UK industry bodies to keep the Government Relations and product teams up to date with the essential UK developments. You’ll develop high impact strategies to achieve our objectives in the UK, establish collaborative relationships with key policymakers and influencers, and continually identify policy outcomes that benefit our customers.
A bit about you:
- Passion and Advocacy: You’ll be a highly skilled and compelling advocate, that is totally passionate about the TransferWise mission.
- Policy Experience: Ideally you will have worked in payments policy or at least retail financial services, but if you haven’t you’ll be quick to bring yourself up to speed to this complex policy during the interview process. From the start you’ll be able to cut through to impactful, consumer-driven outcomes. You have experience of working in the civil service, Parliament, a regulator, an industry body, and/or an consultancy.
- Outcomes Matter: We’re a scale-up and you will need an entrepreneurial mindset to thrive. You’ll be passionate about delivering change and improvements to UK consumers and businesses.
- Communication: You’ll be a versatile and highly skilled writer even on complicated issues: from tweets to blogs to consultation responses to parliamentary questions, you are confident and compelling with all styles.
- Without Borders: You’re curious about other cultures, have a global policy mindset, and though the role is UK based you are prepared to spend some time abroad for work.
- Already eligible to work in the UK. Sadly we can't offer visa sponsorship for this role.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Explore our London office
You can find TransferWise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.