TransferWise was recently announced as Europe’s most valuable fintech and it’s not just our business that’s growing fast, our people and teams are too. It’s a busy, challenging and exciting place to be part of our Reward and Mobility team.
We’re looking for a Senior Reward Analyst to join our London office who can help us to build out ways to support Leaders when it comes to making informed compensation decisions, provide Reward expertise to support our employees and People team and work on ways to make our total reward package even more compelling, all while attributing to how we build for the future.
In this newly created role, you’ll work alongside the global People team and be part of our small but mighty specialist team of stock, tax and reward experts. Reporting to the Head of Reward, this is a unique opportunity to support employees and their leaders in providing expertise on global reward practices and analytics in order to drive engagement, attraction and retention all while working on growth and scalability across TransferWise.
You will help TransferWise achieve its mission by applying your thought leadership and ideation to deliver projects, processes and tools in order for us to attract and retain the best.
- Apply your expertise internally across a full range of reward activities, leading on the design, planning and implementation of our reward and benefit initiatives.
- Support in delivering a large number of high impact reward projects as we continue to build out the reward frameworks, scaling in line with the growth of TransferWise.
- Research and analyze internal and external data to highlight trends and anomalies in the Reward field, providing management information, models for statistical analysis and evaluation.
- Be point of contact for market pricing, role evaluations and compensation and benefits analysis and recommendations.
- Engage with the businesses to regularly identify opportunities to improve our compensation and benefit arrangements, proactively sharing market insights with leaders.
- Conduct formal and informal market surveys; undertaking analysis of the compensation market and proactively sharing insight into compensation trends.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance on reward related policies ensuring process integrity.
- Support on-going Reward programmes and provide direction and guidance on a wide range of Reward matters.
- Support the Head of Reward in managing and leading Reward and wider People projects.
- Partner with colleagues across the globe in our people team; collaborating with recruitment, analytics, operations and people partners in order to drive key Reward objectives forward.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work in a high impact, fast growing international team where you have freedom to bring your expertise to the table and be creative in how you approach and tackle reward challenges in a fast growing organisation. We’re always keen to learn and listen to new ideas.
- Be challenged and grow as you’ll be working with leadership, leads and employees – using data to solve reward based problems, coming up with solutions to drive attraction and retention in order to help us reach our mission.
- Build for the future, we’re working to build out frameworks and processes that work best for TransferWise, meaning solutions that may have worked at other companies might not work best for us – we don’t have it all figured out yet and that’s part of the fun.
A bit about you:
Here’s a little bit about what we think you’ll need to be successful and happy in this role:
- Solid experience in Rewards (Compensation and Benefits) within the workplace, having worked in a similar capacity with either an EMEA or Global working knowledge.
- Extensive experience in benchmarking, job mapping and project management experience with advanced excel skills (must).
- A confident and engaging communicator, being comfortable to be able to partner with the people team and business leaders in order to solve problems.
- Ability to understand trends within the data and translate these into a story, understand the complex and sharing in a way that everyone can understand.
- An adaptable self-starter and use your initiative to keep things running at a pace without waiting for answers to come to you.
- Comfortable with generating, understanding and interpreting data, numerate and has exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to plan, design and operationalise a process or project, demonstrated by the alignment to strategy and objectives.
- A people person who can build trust and rapport with ease in order to build partnerships and add value to the business with a Reward lens.
- Already eligible to work in the UK (sadly we can’t sponsor visas for this role).
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Explore our London office
You can find TransferWise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.