At TransferWise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives.
We’re looking for a Lead Analyst for our Crime Fighting team in Tallinn to help our teams deliver a stellar customer experience while keeping malicious agents from exploiting our products.
The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe. With 5m customers, we’re already moving over £3bn a month and have more than 200 people in our compliance operations team across the US, Estonia, Hungary, Singapore, and Malaysia.
You’ll be embedded in the Compliance Organisation, ensuring our customers’ money is safe — and making sure that TransferWise is compliant with regulators around the world.
While you’ll be focusing on building and empowering the FinCrime Analytics team, you’ll also be working closely with other Leads across Analytics. This means you’ll be facilitating cross-team projects, helping shape our tooling and platform discussions, contributing to our growth plan, and helping Analytics push TransferWise one step closer to Mission Zero.
- Be responsible for hiring, on-boarding, supporting, guiding and inspiring our analyst team in the Financial Crime tribe.
- You’ll work with the team to make sure accurate and reliable data is available real-time for product and operational teams. You’ll have oversight of our compliance data and share compliance attribution and actionable insights across all the product teams at TransferWise, helping them correctly engage with the data and reduce their compliance overhead
- Operationally the team will help us understand our compliance efficiency, the effectiveness of our controls, tooling and workflows, the accuracy of our forecasting and scheduling, and help our FinCrime team leads self-serve with data.
- You’ll have a long-term perspective of analytics and proactively work challenging and evolving the team
The experience you’ll need
- You’re intrigued by getting to the heart of customer behaviour to drive actionable insights for our teams
- You’ve experience working across operational teams, leading operational analysis, supporting them with data, and driving operational change
- You have led and scaled a team of Analysts
- You know your way around the infrastructure of analytics and have worked with cloud warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift), have knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope, or Metabase) and/or visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously and with teams located across our offices. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, prioritise your focus based on impact, and able to own a project from start to finish
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- Anti-Money Laundering domain knowledge. You have experience working in the AML/CTF domain in the financial services sector, or you have a deep understanding of AML/CTF regulations. Words like “placement”, “layering” and “integration”, “smurfing” and “SAR” are in your vocabulary.
P.S. Qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re top-notch at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d also love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.