We’re looking for someone to join our Business Partnerships team, based in our New York office.
The role is a unique opportunity to work with large business prospects and convert them into happy partners, providing a world class joint offering to the market under the TransferWise name.
The Business Partnerships team drives growth and typically work with prospects too big and complicated to self-onboard to TransferWise products. We work directly with prospects to develop and deliver solutions that work for the customer and TransferWise. We also influence product change that enable increasingly larger businesses to self-serve – growing overall business volume. It’s all about learning from high-impact leads and scaling what works.
We work as a team – we succeed, grow, learn and fail together. We work together, share our knowledge and ideas and learn from each other. We have the space and autonomy to get stuff done in our own way, as long as we contribute to the team’s success and demonstrate our company values. This won’t suit everyone.
- You will work as part of our global team across London, New York, Singapore and Tallinn. We’ll teach you what TransferWise can and can’t do, then the rest is up to you.
- Your main goal will be to drive volumes through business partnerships with large international payments needs.
- You will scope and size opportunities in a data-driven way quickly and efficiently. You will know how to prioritise the highest-impact opportunities.
- You will comfortably navigate organisations, manage many simultaneous conversations, and drive deals across long sales cycles.
Some of your focus areas will be:
- Sales – pitch our company mission, pillars and products effectively to medium and large prospects. You will take a consultative approach to sales and handle challenges and objections confidently, leading to a strong close rate.
- Technical knowledge – develop a deep product knowledge. The only way to achieve our targets is by selling the API.
- Project management – manage more complex implementations through legal, compliance, commercials and technical implementation.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work effectively across the TransferWise organisation to prepare responses to all types of requirements.
- Manage numerous senior stakeholders internally and externally, identifying decision makers to get deals over the line.
- Manage scope effectively and balance a can-do attitude with our desire to maintain standard solutions.
- Build strong relationships, understanding individuals interests and needs.
- Work in a high impact very visible team.
A bit about you:
- Industry experience – you have gone deep with your previous product knowledge and ideally have payment sector expertise, including an understanding of regulation and compliance.
- Project management – you have examples working with implementation managers, product managers and developers when you delivered technical solutions to customer requirements.
- High-pressure environments – you have experience managing the most complex prospects through the sales and implementation process, hitting procurement deadlines as required.
- Commercial modelling – you are able to model pricing and handle complex commercials for non-standard opportunities.
- Adaptability – you have a talent for explaining the same thing in different ways to land with different audiences.
- Confidence – you are confident to act as a trusted consultant to prospects, facing off to knowledgeable payment managers and other expert stakeholders.
- Mission-driven – You get TransferWise’s mission for transparency in the industry and you are passionate about selling it
A bit more about you:
- Our Customers – you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you help a customer and understand that we are here to serve them.
- Teamwork – you value teamwork and enjoy helping those around you grow. This makes you as happy as your own personal progress.
- Goal Oriented – you love improving things and like working towards small and big goals; finding ways to achieve them even when everything is constantly changing around you.
- Flexibility – you value all ideas and make sure the best idea wins. You are flexible to re-evaluate your goals every once in a while.
- Humility – you realise we can all improve each and every day and are honest, open and fair.
Some of your benefits:
- Competitive package including salary, stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
- Flexible working in terms of hours and office/home
- Travel between TransferWise offices and to meet global customers
- Strategic input and autonomy to deliver results your way
- You’ll be joining an all-star high-impact team that can’t wait to welcome you aboard
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives – we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Explore our New York office
A space as unique as the city. Here you’ll enjoy a full slice of TransferWise as we build the new world of money.
Stories from the Business Development team
Start your application
Latest Business Development roles
Business Development Manager – Banks
We’re looking for a sharp, entrepreneurial Business Development Manager who can independently originate deals, navigate complex bank structures, solve intricate requirements, and define the strategy and roadmap for Business Development, in our fast growing TransferWise for Banks team. The TransferWise...
Senior Implementation Manager – Bank Integrations
We’re looking for a Senior Implementation Manager to join our growing TransferWise for Banks team. You’ll help partner banks leverage our API to offer TransferWise’s much-loved products through the bank’s own infrastructure – to reach millions of new customers and...