We are looking for a UX Writer in London.
At TransferWise, we’re building money without borders, for people without borders.
Started as a way to send money at a fair rate, TransferWise now has millions of customers all around the world, who trust us to give them faster, cheaper ways to manage their money. We now offer a multi-currency account, debit card, and tools for businesses and freelancers.
There’s a lot to do. That’s why we’re looking for a talented UX writer to join us.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be embedded in the Customer Journey Tribe, making sure customers have a great experience when they hold and invest money with TransferWise. And because investments is a new space for us, you’ll have lots of freedom to learn, experiment, and iterate.
You’ll be guided by a lead writer, and work with product managers, designers, researchers, analysts and everyone else needed to get great work done.
And while you’ll be working closely with product and design, the Copy team will be your home — you’ll collaborate with other writers, and attend weekly crits.
At TransferWise, everyone gets a ton of freedom and autonomy. We won’t be micromanaging, so you’ll need to:
- Write for the TransferWise product on web, iOS, and Android. This will make up most of your work, but sometimes you’ll dabble in other things, like notifications.
- Work closely with product designers and managers to understand the problems our customers face.
- Use customer insights to write, audit, and improve the content we show customers.
- Help define and champion a product writing process within your team.
- Work through the little details with engineers to make sure the stuff we ship is world-class.
This role is for you if
You’re a great writer with a strong background crafting clear, effective, and empathetic content for apps and services.
- You have a few years of UX writing or content design experience, and a portfolio to prove it.
- You know how to build the case for great words within a business, and how critical they are for users.
- You understand how to work effectively with product designers, as well as across multiple offices and cultures.
- You know how best to test and iterate on content, and feel comfortable picking up new design tools.
- You can give and receive feedback constructively, and you’re always keen to learn.
And as a heads up, this probably isn’t for you if
- You specialise in ads, long form, or social media content.
- You’re looking to stay freelance — this role is full-time.
- You need a structured briefing process to do your best work.
P.S. Academic qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got a great portfolio, and you’re top-notch at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d also love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Want to learn more?
See what the design team has been up to
And what the rest of the company is up to
Explore our London office
You can find TransferWise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.
Start your application
Latest Design roles
Customer Support Team Lead
TransferWise's Customer Support team in Budapest continues to grow and has reached a point where some additional Lead power and experience is needed to support the team. The Customer Support Team Lead is a strong leader with a mindset that...
Product Analyst – EDD
Product Analyst – EDD – Tallinn Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders. Today, customers have paid...
Head of Global Engineering Recruitment
Help us scale our technical operations from 550 to 2000.