At TransferWise, we’re building money without borders, for people without borders.
Started as a way to send money at a fair rate, TransferWise now has millions of customers all over the world, who trust us to give them faster, cheaper ways to manage their money. We now offer a multi-currency account, debit card, and tools for businesses and freelancers.
We’re looking for a Group Product Manager (Onboarding) to join our growing team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to have a tremendous impact on TransferWise’s mission and grow into an unstoppable product leader.
You’ll receive a competitive package including generous stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
Your mission leading a group of teams working on on-boarding experience:
The onboarding experience group is composed of a few teams such as our Conversion team, Comparison team, Invite team, Security team… Those teams enable potential customers around the world to start saving money and time when their life involves more than 1 currency.
You’ll own the challenge of:
- Onboarding customers and businesses around the globe from their first interaction with the brand to their first effective saving. Showcasing a first alternative to a dated bank model and its country based limitations…
- Setting new convenience, transparency & security standards for consumers, freelancers and small businesses. Delighting millions of customers as they onboard with us while never misleading them.
- Moving away from industry’s dated security blanket solutions to frictionless solutions, saving precious time for our customers.
- You’ll be working with our government relationship team to help regulators increase transparency in financial services.
- You’ll start your journey within the Conversion team as a product manager. Working with designers, developers & analysts you’ll enable the team to make informed decisions and inspire the highest standards of execution.
- You’ll rapidly take the lead over this group of teams, helping the other product managers to grow their impact on the mission.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in Singapore as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You are a seasoned Product person (5 years + product management experience)
- You have led at least 2 product managers before or have launched your own consumer product start-up, leading product, design and development from the ground up. You can lead by example. You can inspire good people to join your teams.
- You are able to get the teams to dream big, align on a commonly agreed vision and draw a clear path to get there.
- You have a track record of delivering excellent user experience on the web, iOS and / or Android.
- You have a strong sense of UX and a strict attention to UI details.
- You are very knowledgeable with analytics tools and behavioural tracking (ie. Mixpanel, Google Analytics / Firebase or equivalent…) enabling the team to measure its progress across all platforms. You have deployed those tools yourself, you understand how those things work. You have experience running complex A/B tests to improve the conversion funnel. You can help an analyst figure out what to do.
- You have a good technical understanding so that you can help your teams to prioritise technological investments, tech debt reduction, bugs versus building new features. You understand how your features work technically in order to help your teams move faster.
- You’re not afraid of being a true lead, hiring whoever needs to be hired, learning skills you don’t know today to unblock things everywhere needed. You don’t stick to a “by the book” group product pm role definition. You get it done.
- You’ll report to the product lead of the customer journey tribe, whose role is to help you have a big impact on the TransferWise mission.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- UI / UX Design skills.
- Basic back-end development / database skills.
- Some SQL skills.
Some of your benefits:
TransferWise offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Regular compensation reviews
- Generous stock options package
- 25 days holiday (plus the usual bank holidays)
- Generous pension with enhanced company contributions
- Private medical cover
- Loads more!
A bit about TransferWise:
We’re a global tech company with a big mission and a start up heart.
We like to think we’re the perfect mix of big and small. Big enough to solve problems for millions of customers but small enough to still be growing at the speed of light. Big enough to flip an industry on its head but still small enough to have a long way to go.
What’s in it for you?
We’re focused on one mission: money without borders. And, because we’re still growing, you can get close to customers and really understand the challenges we need to solve.
Our people are the most intelligent, curious people in the business and we’re big enough to attract them. But we’re still small enough for individuals to matter and thrive.
We won’t stop until everyone can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, in any currency.
Explore our London office
You can find TransferWise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.
Stories from the Product team
Start your application
Latest Product roles
Senior Product Manager – Send Money Team
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team in London. At TransferWise, we’re building money without borders, for people without borders. Started as a way to send money at a fair rate, TransferWise now has millions...
Senior Product Manager – Investments
Senior Product Manager – Investments We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to launch our new investment product. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission and grow into an unstoppable product leader and you'll...
Senior Product Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Product team in Singapore. The role is a unique opportunity to build world-beating, world-class products, focusing on the Asia region. Your mission is to define the future of TransferWise...