Payment Operations Specialist – Latin America
Our Payment Operations Specialists are the Ninja's operating in the background - making sure the money moves around the world for our customers! We're looking for a new Portuguese speaking specialist to join our Latin America team in Tampa. You'll get to work with lots of different internal teams and external partners to improve processes and make the experience a great one for our Latin American customers! Click to find out more! 🌎
Payment Operations Specialist – Latin America
We’re looking for a new Payment Operations Specialist (Portuguese speaking) to join our Latin America Payment Operations team in the Tampa office! This role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing FinTech companies – in the team that actually moves the money around the world! – working with product developers, customer support teams, treasuries, banking partners and more, to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise!
You’ll receive a competitive package including $19.00 per hour salary, stock options in a fast growing company, and a wide array of other benefits at Tampa Bay Times' #1 Midsized Workplace!
- Keep an eye on the payments' engine and solve payment-related problems
- Together with your team, build solid ownership of operational processes
- Develop strong relationships with both internal teams and our external partners in Latin America
- Drive operational excellence, while maintaining sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks
- Help translate customer needs into plans and support these with analysis
- Drive improvements to our product and work processes to become more efficient
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organization, driving us towards Mission Zero! 🚀
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face big challenges. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring! 💪
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel this revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems! 💫
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. We’re 2000+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done! 🌎
A bit about you:
- You’re fully fluent in English and Portuguese and have excellent verbal and written skills in both languages
- You’re flexible with your working hours and don’t mind helping our customers’ even if it's an occasional weekend or public holiday
- You focus on accuracy, pay attention to every detail, and are independent in your work. You enjoy owning your work and leading projects when needed
- You’re a great communicator, straight up, clear, and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to
- You place customers’ needs first and you make no compromise on this
- You enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when either giving or receiving feedback
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers
- Your intellectual curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to understand when you don’t know something and the humility to learn it
A bit more about you:
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree
- 1 – 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced, finance or banking sector environment
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US. We cannot support visas for this role. This is a full-time, physical position in Tampa, Florida
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You’re a wizard with Microsoft Excel and have some VBA skills to match
- You know how to use data to prioritize tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact
- You have worked with product teams on cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work
- You have worked in a cross-border team – knowing those challenges and how to overcome them
- Any additional language is an advantage
To Apply: Please submit your resume in .pdf format for consideration.
Some of your benefits:
- Salary starting at $19.00/per hour
- Generous stock options in a fast growing company
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- Company-paid: Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 5-weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) each calendar year, 10 paid sick days,10 paid banking holidays, a paid volunteer day, and other leave opportunities, including 16-weeks of paid parental leave after a year with us
- 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- All-expenses-paid annual company holiday in Europe
- 6-week paid sabbatical after 4 years with us
- Work remotely (5 days per month)
- Weekly “Team Lunch” on us each Thursday
- Coffee, drinks, and breakfast food options available daily
- Doggy-friendly office
Click HERE for more info on benefits
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organized in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.
Stories from the Operations team
Start your application
Latest Operations roles
Treasury Operations Team Lead
We are looking for a team lead to join our Treasury Operations team in Tallinn. The Treasury team makes sure money moves quickly to wherever our customers need it, managing the risk of currency rate fluctuations allowing us to offer...
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: Money without Borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders. Today, customers have paid over £1 billion into their borderless...
Payment Processing Specialist (Japanese speaker)
We’re looking for a new Payment Processing Specialist to join our team in Tallinn. The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing fintech companies and be part of our international Operations team to help millions...