Customer Support Associate – APAC
Our Customer Support Associates in the Asian & Pacific (APAC) team are a passionate team of individuals that loves to help out our English speaking customers in the Asia & Pacific region, including Australia & New Zealand. The shifts for this team are evening and night shifts, so we're looking for some new Wiser's with real flexibility and desire to work later shifts. Check out more here! 🚀
Customer Support Associate – APAC (English Speaking)
We’re looking for new Customer Support Associates to join our Asian & Pacific (APAC) team of Rockstars in Tampa, Florida! This role is a unique opportunity to join our team of passionate Customer Support Associates that love to help customers and who want to work in a disruptive, fast-growing, and fun environment while helping our English speaking customers in the Asia & Pacific region, including Australia & New Zealand. This isn't your normal call center – we do things differently – and our Customer Support Associates are here to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $14.00/hour, stock options in a fast-growing company, and a wide array of other benefits at Tampa Bay Times' #1 Midsized workplace!
- Provide world-class customer support via email and phone channels for English speaking customers in the Asia & Pacific region, including Australia & New Zealand
- Understand that making a customer happy is crucially important to a business's success and make that your goal for every contact
- Be creative, friendly, and solution-oriented with customers and colleagues
- Understand the need to meet expectations, rise above them, and go that extra mile for customers
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll fuel this revolution as the first point of contact for our customers, but you’ll also have the freedom and support to improve processes and take on additional projects as you grow into the role. We're all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn't just a job to us! 🚀
- Be Yourself – We’re looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We don’t believe in scripts or dress codes, and if you're having a “ruff” day, no worries, there's probably a dog or two in the office to cuddle. 🐶We're not interested in drama, only good Karma!
- Work Globally – Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We're 1600+ Wisers strong, with 70+ nationalities working in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in-between. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on this, but our teams are right on their heels, so we leave ego at the door! 🌎
- Inspire Teams – With your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you’ll directly drive innovation and help us make money borderless! Whether you're starting a side project from scratch or working with a product team to offer expert customer insight on a feature – whatever the mission, we get it done! 💫
A bit about you:
- You're very flexible. Since this team is servicing the other side of the world, the shifts are later in the day. For Sunday-Thursday, your shifts will be from 11:00am-7:00pm or later, with the latest shift currently being 2:00pm-10:00pm unless you wanted to work from 4:00pm-midnight, but that's not required. We're specifically looking for new Wisers with an interest in evening and night-time shifts for this team. To make up for the later hours, we can also have some flexibility with things like split-shifts, longer-shifts, and additional work from home for later shifts. Please also keep in mind that these times can change with the needs of our customers, so we're really looking for flexibility and a desire to work later shifts.
- You have exceptional verbal & written English skills
- You have previous customer support experience. Preferably in banking, internet, or telecom industries, or in an international customer care center
- You're organized. You can multitask – you're methodical in your approach with a solution-oriented mindset, and you've got a sharp attention to detail which makes learning new systems and procedures a breeze
- You're cool under pressure. You take responsibility in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense
- You're an exceptional communicator. You're straight up and honest. You're able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will
- You're open-minded. You're comfortable and calm when giving or receiving feedback, you crave information, love learning new things, and you can't wait to be part of the team
- Most importantly, you’re going to be an excellent addition to the team by helping to build the team’s culture and set a great example by living our values on a daily basis
- You're ideally someone who has worked in customer support before, but we're willing to work with the right person, whatever your experience, as long as you're awesome, you've got a passion for helping customers, and you don't see TransferWise as just your next job, but as your chance to make a difference!
A bit more about you:
- You've got a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- You're great at the keyboard and your typing speed is at least 35 words per minute. (You will be tested!)
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US. We cannot support visas for this role. This is a full-time, physical position in our Tampa, Florida office
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Any additional language is awesome
- Experience working for a startup
TO APPLY: Please submit your Resume in .pdf format to be considered.
Some of your benefits:
- $14.00/hour starting salary
- Generous stock options in a fast growing company
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- Company-paid – Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 5-weeks of Paid Time Off annually with no rollover limit, 10 paid banking holidays, 10 paid sick days, a paid volunteer day, and other leave opportunities, including 16-weeks of paid parental leave after a year with us
- 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- All-expenses-paid annual company holiday in Europe
- 6-week paid sabbatical after 4 years with us
- Work remotely (5 days per month)
- Weekly “Team Lunch” on us each Thursday
- Coffee, drinks, and breakfast food options available daily
- Doggy-friendly office
Click HERE for more info on benefits
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organized in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.
Stories from the Customer Support team
Start your application
Latest Customer Support roles
Customer Support Vendor Operations Specialist – Portuguese speaking
Our Customer Support Vendor Operations Specialists ensure our customer’s complete satisfaction by supporting our outsourcing partner with operational management and act as the link between the TransferWise internal and external CS teams, working hand-in-hand with both! The CS VOS will be responsible for ensuring high quality contacts through consistent calibrations and reporting, communication with internal teams, training calibrations and tracking, as well as other processes required for an exceptional level of customer support. Find out more here! 🚀
Customer Support Associate
Our Customer Support Associates provide world-class customer support via email and phone channels for English speaking customers all over the world. This isn't your normal call center - we do things differently - and our Customer Support Associates are here to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise! Click here to learn more! 🌎
Customer Support Senior Team Lead
The Customer Support Senior Team Lead is a strong leader with a mindset that allows them to build strong teams and processes that put our customers first, while providing continuous feedback from customers to various product teams. You would be supporting a group of up to 6 Customer Support Team Leads - who would in turn each support up to 12 agents.